Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I met someone online through Match.com. she sent me a

Customer Question

I met someone online through Match.com. she sent me a picture of her us passport but it expired and she moved to Ghana with her mom. She tells me she wants to come back to USA and be with me but tells me it's going to cost $945.00 to renew her passport,medical paper,and police papers. Is this true? I'm asking because she told me this is what the embassy told her.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately I must tell you that this definitely sounds like a common scam that I have heard many times. Renewing a passport does not cost $945 in any country. A US passport renewal is less than $200. There is no medical or police papers required to travel back to the US as a US citizen. All she needs to do is buy a ticket and hop on a plane with her valid US passport. The best test to do is say that you cannot pay this and see how long she continues to talk to you.

I'm so sorry to have to tell you that. I do hope that I am wrong but I don't think I am.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello there, I see that you were able to view my answer last week but did not leave a rating. Is there anything that I can clarify for you or any other questions?

I am here to help and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. That's the only way I receive credit for my time. Thanks!