Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have booked a holiday and my son along with my father and

Customer Question

Hi I have booked a holiday for myself and my son along with my father and sister at Easter to go to Orlando nd then Philadelphia for complete return to Ireland two weeks from leaving. I'm a single mum and never had contact with his dad and he is not on the birth certificate. How do I get a visa when I don't know of where his dad could be. Can I apply without or what happens? Will my son be not admitted to travel under my circumstances?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

If the father is not on the child's birth certificate you do not need to get written consent from the father.

As a single mother where paternity is not established you are not required to locate who you may believe to be the father to allow the child to get a visa. The US laws see you as the sole custodian of the child.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

If you are from Ireland no visa is even required. You may come to the US on the visa waiver program by applying electronically for permission to enter.

http://www.esta.us/visa_waiver_countries.html

Here is the link to the online application

https://www.usavisaonline.com/esta.html?store=english

Judith