Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a card and an being offered a great job outside of

Customer Question

I have a green card and an being offered a great job outside of the US. I want the experience. I don't want to lose my green card and my intention is to return . Is there anything I can do ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, you can apply for a Re-Entry Permit on form I-131. This will allow you to be outside of the U.S. for up to 2 years. You can use it for multiple trips. If you need more time, you come back before the 2 years ends and then you can apply for one more Re-Entry Permit for 2 more years. If you still need more time, you can apply again, but after 4 years, they get harder and harder to get and often only grant them for one year at a time. At some point you will need to start living in the U.S. and spending more than 180 days per 12 months inside. Here is a link to the I-131:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Anjali. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!