Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My spouse is currently 36 years older than I am and I am now

Customer Question

My spouse is currently 36 years older than I am and I am now pregnant for him we have only been togather for a year going two he wants to file for me to get a green card but would that be a problem about my age and since he is currently going through a divorce which as not finalized as yet
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: Age differences are not automatic disqualifier, but they tend to raise questions about the good faith and bona fides of the relationship. The good news is, having a child together helps to alleviate that problem somewhat; having a child together is a good indication that it is a good faith marriage.

There is no wya to know for sure how this will end up. Therefore, it is very important that you and your husband, along with an attorney, if you so choose to get one, put together a very strong case showing a lot of connections to each other. You should provide pictures of you together, both just the two of you as well as with family and friends; proof of shared finances, if you have them; proof of living together in marital union; proof of shared bills and accounts; proof of shared property; proof of children together; etc. There is no limitation to the type of proof you can use, nor is there a specific list of items. So anything you can use that you think would be helpful, use it.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.