Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My Son went to Amsterdam when he was 18......he is now28 and

Customer Question

My Son went to Amsterdam when he was 18......he is now28 and needs a new passport.....will they send him one because he stayed all that time??......and the stay time in Amsterdam is 3 mos. I think.......but he fell in love with a Dutch girl and they cannot apply for a partnership Visa because she cannot support them both and that is the law in Amsterdam......because of this situation he is afraid to come home and visit me.....since he has been gone I have been disabled......and he has been gone 10 years......first of all can he still get a passport? and is there some way he can stay there and visit here sometime and then go back......he has established a life there with his girlfriend and he loves her very much.....he also works 3jobs under the table because he does not have the proper Visa.......
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

I am only allowed to answer question about US immigration and his US passport. I am not allowed to answer questions about Dutch immigration (i.e., whether or not he will be allowed to go back) or marriage laws.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Would you like me to answer your question about the US passport?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also do you think the US will allow him to get a renewal passport.....??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please at least I will have that info......

OK. When did the passport expire?