Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Madam, We have software development services company

Customer Question

Dear Sir / Madam,
We have software development services company registered as LLC in IL and Private limited in India. We have registered this newly and setting up offices in quad cities. Senior manager need to come to US to oversee the initial setup and client coordination.
Looking forward for help on filling visa petitions.
Thanks & Regards,
Dev
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are trying to find out how to get him here to the U.S.? How long has he worked for the company overseas during the last three years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This company is private limited in India operating for last 7 years. Manager is also owner of the company and he is owner of LLC as well. He need to come here to manage client relationship and office operations. LLC is setup very recently and there are some potential opportunity to serve customer in quad cities, IL.Please let me know how we can coordinate further to discuss the petition process and filing the petition for him.Thanks & Regards,
Devendra

Ok. It looks like it would be an L-1A as long as he has been working (or owning) the company outside of the U.S. for at least a year. How much money has been invested so far in the U.S. companies? How many jobs has that investment created for U.S. workers or how many jobs will it create in the next year or so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LLC is registered earlier this month. There are some potential opportunity where couple of folks will be needed here to manage work in beginning. It can potential go up to 5-6 employees here in first year which can grow larger based on the client needs. Our company is providing services in mobile apps, digital marketing, enterprise application development and big data related project execution.Thanks & Regards,
Devendra

Ok. You are going to need a good business plan that outlines how those jobs will be created and when. The more jobs, the better. Would the investment amount be around $100,000 or more?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

A good investment would be $100,000 or more and the creation of 4 or 5 jobs would be a good case. Anything less and the chances of denial start to grow. Here is the official link to the L-1A:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/l-1a-intracompany-transferee-executive-or-manager

If you want help processing this case, please let me know and we can discuss that in private. If not, my goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear Sir,i will send you further query tomorrow. yes we will need to proceed further with the case. pl let me know best contact to reach you further on petition filing.Thanks & Regards,
Devendra

I will send you that offer now. Thank you.

Hello Devendra. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir, Thank you.I would like to ask following
1. How much fee we need to pay for filing L1 petition. Will this be done by your office?
2. We do have business plan to expand in coming year. investment is started small currently. We will make it more based on the work. For this initial the owner is coming here for setupThanks & Regards,
Devendra

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had a close friend in the hospital that just passed last night of Cancer. In regards ***** ***** questions:

1) Assuming the company has less than 50 employees, the filing fees are $325 for the I-129 and $500 Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/h-and-l-filing-fees-form-i-129-petition-nonimmigrant-worker

As far as attorney fees, that I cannot discuss on this open forum, but we can discuss it in private if you accept the additional offer of service that I will send to you momentarily.

2) The investment cannot be marginal. It cannot be like $20,000 or something like that which cannot even pay the salary of any executive. The higher chances of an approval are those cases that create a number of jobs for U.S. workers.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!