Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Asylum i want to apply what i i get denied my question is

Customer Question

asylum i want to apply what i i get denied
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-589.pdf
my question is cases take now 2 years plus i will apply for work permit and thinking about marriage for green card lather in my life
i want to know how long the process work and do it end with deportation order
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country are you from? What visa did you use to enter the U.S.? When did you enter the U.S.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
poland enter on visa 2000 i want to ask if this will end with deportation order

Did you file for Asylum within the first year of being in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no

So you have been in the U.S. for 16 years and you do not know what else to do to get legal status so you want to apply for Asylum? What is the basis of your case? Who would persecute you in Poland and why?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well im not so stupid

I'm not saying that you are. I am asking a few questions. What is the basis of your case? Who would persecute you in Poland and why? And are you only thinking of filing Asylum now because you don't see any other way?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You can apply for a work permit after the Asylum application has been pending longer than 150 days through no fault of your own. Look at the top right column of page 8 of the instructions:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

At the end of the process, if you cannot prove you would be persecuted because of your race, nationality, religion, social group or political opinion if returned to your home country, then yes, you would end up with an order of removal unless you could convince the ICE attorney to exercise prosecutorial discretion. Here are some links to that:

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/news/releases/2010/civil-enforcement-priorities.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/14_1120_memo_prosecutorial_discretion.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Jack. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!