Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith. Thank you detailed answers. They are very helpful.

Customer Question

Hello again Judith. Thank you for your detailed answers. They are very helpful. So far you and I have discussed the possibility of my Romanian fiancee and I marrying in the States using the I-129f route (6-10 months), or marrying in Romania and going the I-130 route (6-10 months). I need to be back in the US soon because I am running out of money and can not live here in Romania much longer.Can we talk about what it would like if she moved to the States for work? She presently works for a large multinational medical research company with job openings in the US. If she were able to move for work, what steps would we take to get married legally? Would marriage violate her work visa? No, right? FYI, I currently have residence in Arizona but we could relocate to many other states. I don't know if that is relevant to her immigration process and our marriage.Respectfully ***** *****
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Is the large multinational medical research company willing to offer her a managerial or specialized knowledge position where she uses her proprietary knowledge in the performance of her job duties?

If so she could come in as a multinational worker transferee on the L1A (manager) or the L1B (specialized knowledge)?

That would be a GREAT and immediate solution.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Judith,
I can't say for certain but that is a good idea. What is the time frame if she is not able to get the L1A or L1B?Roland

"What is the time frame if she is not able to get the L1A or L1B?"

Sorry, time frame for what? I gave you the time frames above for I-129F and I-130.