Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith, I have a question about the MAVNI, I have been in

Customer Question

Customer: Hi judith, I have a question about the MAVNI, I have been in the States since 2010, and I am satisfy the minimum two year stay and no more than 90 days out of the country, But I am currently out of status since ***** ***** 30 2015 until today. bacause I applied the alysum, but it is still pending. My question is If I reinstate my F1 status, Do I still be OK for the MAVNI program?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a question about the MAVNI, I have been in the States since 2010, and I am satisfy the minimum two year stay and no more than 90 days out of the country, But I am currently out of status since ***** ***** 30 2015 until today. bacause I applied the alysum, but it is still pending. My question is If I reinstate my F1 status, Do I still be OK for the MAVNI program?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You cannot reinstate your student status because you cannot be out of status for more than 5 months.

Filing for asylum does not put you "in status". It is a period of stay authorized by the attorney general but you are not in any status. It is like a limbo stage while you wait for the decision.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith