Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I heard category, card processing will be faster. So I am on

Customer Question

For James,
I heard for Eb1 category , Green card processing will be faster .
So I am on H1b and have Bachelors degree and have experience of around 7 years in the industry , I think I fall under Eb2 category , just wanted to know is there any possibility for me to apply in Eb1 category from my company with H1b visa ?if you can suggest any ideas which I can check with my employer so that they can apply me with EB1 category will be great help ?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they apply me for manager post does they have to pay me more Salary ? Any specific constraints are there ?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: You either have to have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, or be an outstanding researcher or professor to qualify for EB-1. IT is not supposed to be easy. And certainly, just because you have ab H1B does not make you eligible. IF that were the case, the millions of people on H1B would be eligible for the very difficult to qualify-for, EB-1 green card category.

In both of those cases, you have to be internationally recognized or recognized in your field as extraordinary.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

To be honest with you, based on what you have told me, I find it very hard to believe that you will be eligible for an EB-1 green card. Simply having a bachelor's and 7 years experience is not enough.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see there is an option , Multinational manager or executive ?
Is this option can be applied using h1B ?

Sorry for the delay. I was offline when you responded.

As to your last question, it depends on what happened before you came to the US.

Were you employed abroad by the EB green card sponsor, in a managerial or executive capacity, for at least 1 year in the previous 3 years before coming to the US?

You did not tell me that you were, so I did not provide information about that.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: You can qualify for the EB-1C green card for a manager/executive ONLY IF you were employed abroad by the EB green card sponsor, in a managerial or executive capacity, for at least 1 year in the previous 3 years before coming to the US.

I don't think so. Because if you were, you would have come to the US on L1A, instead of H1B.

But if you can show this, then the EB-1 is a possibility. If not, then you do not qualify.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.