Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship

Customer Question

I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship through the Spouse of US Citizenship (Part G) and Chapter 4 Spouses of US Citizenship Employed Abroad.
The spouse of a US Citizenship is exempt from continuous residence and physical presence requirements for naturalization.
In the last 3 years, 17 months I was abroad working for a US company and have been in the USA for the last 19 months. The policy talks about this exemption when the US citizen was abroad and the spouse was with the LPR, however, in my case, the LPR was on the assignment abroad and the spouse is the US citizen. Do I qualify for applying to a naturalization today?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the one with a green card and with the assignment abroad and my wife is the US citizen
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Were you employed by a US Government agency while working abroad?