Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Of status, if we have already done a medical check-up at the

Customer Question

for adjustment of status, if we have already done a medical check-up at the county my wife was from 4 months ago (within 1 year), what else do I need the civil surgeon to do for the I-693
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If your fiance entered on a K1, there is no need to do another medical exam. USCIS can use the results of the earlier medical exam, which should already be with the local field office.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I still need to do the 1-693 form or do I just skip that?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

As long as the original exam was within a year, there is no need to do another one, so there is no need to file another I-693. However, the cover letter that is filed with the adjustment applications need to mention this fact and direct USCIS's attention to that prior I-693 (example: "The exam for I-693 was already taken on (date) in (place). USCIS should have this report. I understand then there is no need for the applicant to take another. If USCIS requires this still, please let us know."

Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just called USCIS and it appears that USCIS still requires some part of the form (not all) particularly the vaccination portion and Part 1 and 3 of the I-693 form.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Okay. You are free to do of course whatever you wish to do. I am just telling you what I have observed before. All the best.