Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am ***** ***** and I need information about working permit

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I am ***** ***** and I need information about working permit during green card application
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am Italian citizen married 1 year and half ago with a US citizen. I have a job opportunity with US company in US and I am trying to understand how I can manage work while I am applying for a green card
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to understand the timing. I am planning to apply for green card while I am in US but I want to start working as soon as possible.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You cannot apply for your green card while in the US if you enter on the VWP. Do you have a B1/2 tourist visa?

Judith