Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

In which state in united states and in which state on the

Customer Question

in which state in united states and in which state on the east coast ,obtaining a permanent green card through marriage is taking the least amount of time from the date of the marriage?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

First, you cannot choose where your case will go. Every marriage based case is filed to the same place - the Chicago Lock Box. From there, it is sent to a field office, based on where you reside.

Each state has several field offices. I cannot go through every single city on the east coast to determine which has the shortest processing times.

If you can provide me with a few places to which you would realistically move and reside, I can tell you wait times.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not asking you to go through every single city.I am asking you if you know which state in us or east coast has the shortest waiting time for obtaining the green card?I want an answer if you know it,if you dont know the answer ,I dont see why you bothered to answer me with an explanation why you dont know the answer

Sir/Madam,

You are being combative for no reason. There is no such things as "which state has the shortest waiting time." Processing is done in different cities, not state by state. There is no way to answer your question as you've posed it.

I am trying to assist you as best as I can. But I cannot do that unless you are willing to work through this systematically.

I am an Expert in US immigration law. I wouldn't be asking you for additional information if I did not require it. You ought to trust that I am asking you for that information for a reason.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what I asked its not rocket science ,I could probably find on my own if I put enough time into it.but I thought somebody as a lawyer knows which states take longer or shorter or which states have tougher laws or rules,and yes,there is such thing.im surprised you dont know about it though

No there is not. Period. End of story. There are field offices. Several in each state. Where a case goes depends on where you reside.

US immigration is not state speific. US immigration is federal, which means the federal governmetn adminsiters it, not each state.

There are four states which have service centers. Family based adjustment of status cases do not go to one of the four service centers. Family based cases go to the field offices closest to where the individuals reside. I have been doing this for 10 year I know what I am talking about.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
nope,obviously you dont know what im talking about or what i need from you

Claudia,

You do not seem to understand how the US immigration process works, and how processing is done. I do. I earn a living doing this. You ought to consider that.