Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm filling out I - 134 affidavit of support and under

Customer Question

Hello, I'm filling out I - 134 affidavit of support and under Assets" I was wondering if I could put down how much I have in my company 401-K? would they accept that? Thank You.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the I-134 being used for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's the affidavit of support for her interview at the US embassy in Caracas, they want my 2014 & 15 W2s and 1040 as well. But there's also a line that lists how much you have in assets and I figured the more assets the better it would look. I already made 44K last year so i meet the income requirements.

This is for a K-1 fiancée visa? Or perhaps a K-3 spouse visa? Do you have any dependents that you claim on your income taxes besides yourself?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
k1 fiance and i dont have any dependents

Ok. Then don't worry about the assets. All you have to show is that you make more than $19,912 per year. No need to include the assets at all. It isn't an issue a more income and assets is better. For the financials, they just want to see that you make the minimum. Focus more on the evidence that the relationship is real. That's where those types of cases get hung up if the income level is above the minimum and you are at more than double the minimum. So they don't need to see or know about your assets. Provide them the following and that should be more than enough:

1) Last income taxes

2) Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs

3) Last 3 to 6 bank statements

4) Last W-2s and/or 1099s

5) Letter from your employer on company letterhead that states salary, position, time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!