Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My wife and I recently married in WA state. We lived

Customer Question

My wife and I recently married in WA state. We lived together since 1996 in Spain. We have a home together in the province of Cuenca in Spain. I returned to the US in sept 2013 for work.
Looking over the paperwork, it does not seem as though it is a clear cut case for to be granted a VISA and Residency. Then there is the consideration of her 21 year son, who for all intents and purposes is my stepson (I am the only father he has known.).
My question is how should we go about this? Do the paperwork first and risk a rejection, or bring them here then do the paperwork...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Risk rejection for what? Your step son?