Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a naturalized citizen, I want to request a permanent

Customer Question

I am a naturalized citizen, I want to request a permanent VISA entry to my 80 years old Somalian mother who lives in Saudi Arabia. how I can make the process quick. I am a tax payer since 1997.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a "quick" method to bringing her to the U.S. unless there is an emergency reason. Does she need to undergo any urgent medical treatment or something that pressing?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

The normal time it takes is about 9 months to a year or so. This is due to background checks and backlog. Can it be expedited? Yes, but as I said, there has to be an urgent reason. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

As to the process itself, it is initiated with an I-130. Here is the link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/

And here is the link to the process where she would be an IR-5 category:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/family-preference.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Yehya. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Yehya. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.