Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Can u pls help me? my Question is there a possible that i

Customer Question

Hello can u pls help me? my Question is there a possible that i can renew my working permit even my husband abandon are last interview for my green card.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Guillermo Senmartin, an immigration attorney with more than 13 years of experience in this area. Your spouse is a U.S. Citizen? Can you prove that he abused you?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you have a 2 year green card and this was to remove the conditions on that green card, you have a few options. But if this is your first green card that you are applying for, the only way you can self-petition in regards ***** ***** marriage is if you can prove that he has abused you. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents

If you cannot prove that he has abused you, then you cannot get a green card through that marriage and once the I-485 is denied, you cannot renew your work permit. I am truly sorry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Sheryl. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!