Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My wife is a Canadian citizen and I am a United States

Customer Question

My wife is a Canadian citizen and I am a United States citizen. My wife has lived and worked in the United States since 1994. She has green card and has Resident Alien status. Her green card has expired so we would like to know if the card can be renewed on line and what would be the cost for a new one.
Thank you,
David ******
***********************
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

Hello David my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

When did her card expire?

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Yes, Davd UCIS does allow for your wife to renew her expired I-551 card online.

Her status is not expired just the card and e-filing is allowed for expired cards.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

Filing fee is $450.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 10 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith