Thank you for taking time to obtain information.
I do appreciate your advise in this matter, however, I believe that there is either unclear laws or misinterpretation of the law. Even the IOS who interviewed my daughter in October 2015 for her I-485 said her AOS will be denied and action on I-184 will be taken once my application is approved - she did not say that my I-184 is not acceptable/admissable etc etc. So please understand why I am so confused.
The following extract is straight from USCIS I-184 instructions: I do not fall under any of the categories listed and nowhere it states that CR1 etc visa applicants cannot file I-184.1. You were issued an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate via consular processing and were admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident (LPR) on an immigrant visa;
2. You were granted refugee status after you were admitted to the United States;
3. You were granted status in the United States as an asylee; or
4. You have gained your LPR status through a T or U visa.
Do not le Form I-824 with USCIS, if you are requesting:
1. Further action on an application or petition that was denied, revoked, terminated or withdrawn;
2. A correction of an error on your previously approved application or petition;
3. A copy of the approved Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or Form N-400
, Application for Naturalization
, for your personal records
4. A duplicate approval notice of an approved immigrant visa petition naming the spouse or children who are accompanying or following to join you;
5. USCIS to send information to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) regarding the approval of your expired nonimmigrant application or petition;
6. USCIS to send information to DOS regarding an employment-based application or petition if your employment for the original petitioner has ended;
Form I-824 Instructions 1