Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Wife was denied her visa on interview because her marriage

Customer Question

Wife was denied her visa on interview because her marriage certificate was incomplete. Her file is sent back to uscis. 1:she wasnt supposed to submit a marriage certificate since nvc sent all my supporting documents to american embassy in levanon (including original certified marriage certificate) but she did and it was not correctly completed and its not her fault 2:if i have not sent that certificate to nvc from the first place ;she would not have been approved from first place and she would not have been given an interview. 3:consular officer told her that they didn't recieve that certificate. 4:why wasnt the certificate available upon time of interview and why wasnt it used as evidance. All the documents i sent were supposed to be available there in lebanon in the american embassy.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her file was sent back to uscis for recommendation of revocation and that will probably take a long time. What do i do.
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You are absolutely correct.

What was date of interview. Perhaps the file has not left the consulate yet and it can be saved at the consular level.

Judith