Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I've a question regarding I824
, I had filed I-824

Customer Question

Customer: hi I've a question regarding I824
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had filed I-824 for my husband whos in Dubai. And I-824 got approved.. on Nov 2nd 2015 but he has still not got any communication from the Dubai consulate even after almost 10 weeks...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What're the next steps? How do we track the status? I was in Dubai last week and went with my husband to the US consulate and they said they don't deal with the GC process in their consulate..can you please help?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

The I-824 is for action on an approved petition. You had filed an I-130 for him previously? When was it filed? When was it approved? Why did you have to file an I-824? Did you wait more than a year to respond to the National Visa Center and they closed the case?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

An I- 130 should have been filed and the approval of the I-130 takes about 5 or 6 months. If it was already approved and you had to file an I-824 for restart the process for some reason, then when USCIS approves it, they forward the approval to the National Visa Center (NVC) for additional processing. You will get a few letters from them asking for additional fees and I-864 Affidavits of Supports. That process, depending on how quickly you respond, can take 1 to 3 months or so. Then when they have everything they need, they forward everything to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for them to be scheduled for interview. It can take 1 to 3 months for that as well, depending on how busy they are. Your spouse will receive letters from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate telling him what he needs to bring in for the interview. At the interview, if he is approved, they would get his immigrant visa stamp at that time and from that point he generally has 6 months to use it. If he does not use it within the 6 months, then it will expire but you don’t have to start over again with new I-130s, but you would have to file an I-824 for each to restart the USCIS/NVC process, basically having USCIS notify NVC that the I-130s are still approved and to redo the consular processing. The I-130 approvals do not expire.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!