Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I would like to file change of status... I am sorry to admit

Customer Question

I would like to file for a change of status... I am sorry to admit that being advised by my tax preparer y filed my parents as dependents....I would be worried about immigration to look into them and finding I have no proof of it. I only got proof for 2015 but I will not even get them filed as dependents anymore!...Too confusing...
I am not sure If I should fix it with the IRS but do not want to go to jail I am very worried about it...
What can I do? What are my chances? I did it for 2013 and 2014....
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your current status? What status do you want to change to?