How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3805
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to file change of status... I am sorry to admit

Customer Question

I would like to file for a change of status... I am sorry to admit that being advised by my tax preparer y filed my parents as dependents....I would be worried about immigration to look into them and finding I have no proof of it. I only got proof for 2015 but I will not even get them filed as dependents anymore!...Too confusing...
I am not sure If I should fix it with the IRS but do not want to go to jail I am very worried about it...
What can I do? What are my chances? I did it for 2013 and 2014....
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your current status? What status do you want to change to?

Related Immigration Law Questions