Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I'm a US citizens and want to get married in Serbia but I

Customer Question

I'm a US citizens and want to get married in Serbia but I need the paper that I'm not married and that is verified. Where can I get that paper. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

t is a statement thatyou are free to marry and you must obtain that from the US Embassy in Belgrade.

1. Statement that he or she is free to marry. This statement is made in front of the United States Consular Officer in Belgrade. You must schedule an appointment in advance and bring your U.S. passport, the name of your future spouse, your address, and the names of any previous spouses as well as the date of divorce or dissolution of the marriage. The fee for this notarial service is US $50.00 payable in U.S. dollars, Serbian dinar, or with a major credit card;

The US Embassy website on getting married in Serbia gives you invaluable information so that you can go there prepared.

http://serbia.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith