Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I took out Canadian citizenship in 1973 (1)with the intent

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I took out Canadian citizenship in 1973 (1)with the intent to renounce US citizenship (2) took an oath at the citizenship process renouncing all other affeliations (3) had a government job which required an oath of alegiance and (4) was denied entry to the US when I posed no threat "the the soverignty of the US" each of which should , I think prove no US citizenship exists. Right? A stockbroker is also phishing for information for identity theft and preventing me from closing the account and closing the Electronic Funds Transfer link to my life savings. I've complained to authorities (IROC & police) but my life savings is still at risk. How to protect it? Full story at www.freedomforformeruscitizens.com
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been filing 1040NR for decades and IRS aproved all of them. I contend I'm not a US citizen and haven't been since 1973.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you have done everything you need to do to renounce your US Citizenship, but I do not understand what the issue is with the bank account and what that has to do with the US Citizen Status preventing you from getting the funds? Is it because the broker is wanting to withhold the 30% tax money from the funds, since you are a non-resident alien now?