Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Spouse visa is in administrative proceesing

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What are your specific questions?

Spouse via has a very specific, legal implication. Are you saying you have sponsored a K-3 and have questions about that?

Or is it a marriage based immigrant visa (IR/CR-1)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Yesterday my husband had interview at US embassy in United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi. They put his case in administrative processing. They did not ask any document and kept his passport. What can be expected for that i have attached the paper they gave him
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They also gave him immigration fee paper which has his Alien number and case number ***** is attached below
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please look up the attached files and check what are chances of approval

First, I cannot make any predictions on chances of success. Decisions are purely discretionary, and up to the officers. I am just here for general information. Please allow me some time to review these.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks

OK, thank you very much. During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: First, this is not a spousal visa. A spousal visa is the K-3 visa. You are seeking an immigrant visa based on marriage - CR-1. Those are different from K-3.

Second, the documents you provided do not indicate why the case went to administrative processing. But the most common reason is likely a background security check.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you or even a lawyer can do about that. You just have to wait for the processing to be completed. It does not mean it was denied or that it will be denied. It just means that they ned more time to investigate, and more agencies and resources to put towards the investigation, before they can provide a final answer.

The only thing you can do it continue to check the status of the case. It only happened yesterday, so do not expect anything to change within the next week or even next month. Usually, it takes a 3 to 60 months, but can take longer (that is not common).

After about 1 month, you can send them an email. Then send follow-ups about every month to 6 weeks. Do not send them messages every day. It does not speed anything up, and it only serves to irritate them. In other words, it does you no good.

Finally, I think it is important for you to know that this is not unusual, and it does not indicate anything about the outcome of the case.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why they already gave him Alien number on immigration fee?

ANSWER: The alien number doesn't mean anything specific. It is just an identifier. That is a receipt for a fee you paid, which is nonrefundable.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.