Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a... I'm a u.s

Customer Question

Hi I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a...
Hi I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a divorce . She is not a u.s citizen . I petion her for her green card . And hired an attorney to respond to the (NOID) at the time I wanted to file a divorce but they told me I had to respond . Which I did . To make short I filed for a divorce . I justrecently found out we got a descion notice . If I want to appeal . Which I don't . Do I have to send a letter to immigration that I filed a divorce .....
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Thank you for this information but I need more.

What did you get the NOID for? I-130? I-485? I-751?

Why did you divorce? Did you believe she married you strictly for the immigration benefit?

What was the decision?

There is a volume of small details that would also help me to understand this case to to make a recommendation on the next action you should take it it would be really in your best interest for us to talk on the phone. I take my watch off so for one set fee we could talk for an hour or more or less. As long as it takes to develop a strategy for you.

Judith