Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My husband was refused entry into the USA cos he applied EB

Customer Question

My husband was refused entry into the USA cos he applied for an EB -1A visa on his last trip and left the country but while his case was still pending . They say is a conflict of interest. Pls what other visas can he use to come into the country again since they say he can't use a visitors visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: It is not a conflict of interest, per se, but a conflict in his perceived intent. You seen when he filed for an EB-1A green card, he told the immigration authorities that he intends to immigrate to the US permanently. As such, he is ineligible for a temporary, non-immigrant visa that is not a dual intent visa.

In order to come back, he either 1) has to convince a consular officer and a border officer that he no longer has immigrant intent, while also showing extremely strong ties to his home country, or 2) find a dual intent visa that will allow him to have both immigrant and non-immigrant intent.

There are only two dual-intent visas: H1 and L1. Everything else is strictly non-immigrant or immigrant intent.

If neither of those are an option for him, he needs to continue on his path for the EB-1A green card. Once the petition is approved, he can apply for the visa at the US consulate abroad, and use it to enter the US to become a permanent resident and get his own green card.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.