Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I want to bring my Japanese wife here to the U.S. We were

Customer Question

I want to bring my Japanese wife here to the U.S. We were married in Salisbury, MD, on May 3, 2014. I thought I had heard something about if a foreign national was married in the U.S. to a U.S. citizen, that the immigration process was not as involved as it would be for a single person. My wife and I have started doing all the paperwork, but I wanted to get all of the information before we are buried in paperwork.
Are we still required to submit the same paperwork as a single person?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

I'm not sure what you mean b a single person. Let's start here - on what basis did she enter the US?

I'm sorry, I think I misread something. Is she still in Japan at this time? Are you in Japan?