Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My name is ***** *****...May I ask If I can file a divorce,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi My name is ***** *****...May I ask If I can file a divorce, Im on H1b Visa, My wife lives outside the US?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have been seperated already for 5 years, I was always out of my home country...then I was offered a job here in the US. She is in the Philippines, living with another guy and already have a child from another man. We have 1 daughter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, you will be able to divorce your wife here in the US. In most states, you must have been living here at least 6 months in order to be able to start. You will need a divorce attorney to help you through the process because you will have to show that your wife received notice about the divorce. The attorney will help you with this. You can do this even if you are on H1B visa. It's not a problem.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.