Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My name is ***** *****, i have interview on the 21st of

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****, i have interview on the 21st of january and my spouse may not be able to to attend with me, i don't know what to do now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am going for an interview for my ten years green card and my spouse just go a job and is on the 90 days probation period he may not be able to take a day off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

How long has he been working for that new job?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what job?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
less than 2 months

I see. And he has already spoken this supervisor about perhaps taking half a day off? What time is your appointment scheduled for? Also, what evidence did you provide with your I-751? They normally don't schedule an interview unless the evidence is weak or there is very little evidence.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my spouse have been out of work for over 8 years, so he is afraid he may be unemployed again. our interview time is 8.30 am in NJ

But you still haven't told me what evidence you submitted with the I-751.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
lease agreement, marriage certificate, letter from 2 people, life insurance, photos, taxe return, bank statements etc
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
bills
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
letter from my job

The bills and things that you get every month, did you send things from every month or two or three since you got your 2 year green card or did you just send the last month or two before filing the I-751?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we send just the last month

That's the problem. You were supposed to send things from the time that you got your green card and every few months in between to show continuity of the marriage. By only submitting the last few months, that tells them that maybe you only did that because your interview was coming, not because you were actually in a relationship. So for that interview, you need to try to get together as much of the following as you can.

I know that you may not have all of these things, but the more you have, the better it is:

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you had or still have towards your spouse, and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that shows a common address.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents that prove your relationship.

And like I said, things that come every month, you should collect those things from every two or three months since you got your two year green card.

As to the appointment itself, your spouse should ask his supervisor for the morning off (half a day) to attend the interview. If the supervisor does not give permission, then you will need to contact the USCIS field office and ask them to reschedule the interview. They aren't going to schedule it for months in the future, but maybe a few weeks. Explain to them when your spouse reaches his 90 days with his job and ask that they reschedule for after that date.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is you advise for us now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry i am actually at work right now

That's ok. Just don't for get to click 3 or more stars. As to what to do now, I would collect as much evidence as you can of the list that I provided, have your husband ask his supervisor for the morning off, if his supervisor says no, then just write immigration at the USCIS field office where you have the interview, send a copy of the appointment notice and ask them to reschedule and explain why.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can we change our center? my husband got the job in NC while i was left behind for this immigration stuff

It is possible, but it can cause a significant delay and you are supposed to interview in the location where you are both residing together. If you are not currently living together, that will also make it harder to get an approval of the 10 year card. You will have to show evidence as to why the separation and that it is only temporary and that you visit each other often.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are NOT charged again and we do NOT finish just because it says, "Rate to finish" or something like that. I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.