Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

05 January 2016 03:02 and one more question, just making

Customer Question

05 January 2016 03:02
and one more question, just making sure, my wife has the same question as mine and she is going for the trip also. but she's holding passport issued by China, which is not an esta approved country. so she needs to end the opt first and apply a new travel visa to enter the states? because she did apply one recently but got refused based on the law 214B saying that she didnt have the reason to go back to her home country.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

When did she last apply?

Does she have a job now?

Does she have an apartment lease or own your residence?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she applied on December 2015 and she doesnt have a job right now. and yes she lives with me in Taiwan now and we pay monthly bill for our apartment lease.
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

They will find her to lack compelling ties to her country because:

She is not living there but with you in Taiwan

She has no job

She has no property lease or ownership.

No circumstances have changed since 12/15/15.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith