How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Your Own Question
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28186
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, My issue is that my H1B was approved in

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Judith My name is Kathya
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My issue is that my H1B was approved in October but USCIS has the wrong mailing address (Attorney's address). My attorney said they tried to change the address electronically and via phone multiple times but were not able to. USCIS keeps sending the document to the wrong address on file (a non existant address) and they post office returns the document to them Please advice me on how best to handle the situation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Happy New Year! Thank you for requesting me.

Well your attorney should have immediately sent an I-824 to the USCIS for a duplicate to be sent directly to the employer two things can be done now.

You can make an appointment with the nearest USCIS field office and take with you a copy of the fee receipt and explain the situation to the information officer. Just check any box on the appointment form for the reason for your need for appointment, it doesn't matter and is just there for statistical reasons.

If your attorney is a member of AILA he can contact the AILA service center liaison who can lodge a request for correction. This is going to take more time. The liaison only has a monthly telephonic incident resolution meeting.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.


You also need to ask your attorney if he raised the inquiry to a LEVEL 2 USCIS officer. A change of address couldn't be made online so I am not sure why they tried this.

They need to call again or the employer can call the customer service and ask for a LEVEL 2 OFFICER who is an actual USCIS OFFICER.

I really hate to say this but the lawyer has seriously dropped the ball here.


Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful. Experts are only compensated for their time if you give a positive rating.

I did not control the process your lawyer engaged in with the USCIS and unfortunately I have no ability to work magic. I can only give an honest answer.


Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Kathya, have you gotten any further assistance from my help or your attorney?


Related Immigration Law Questions