Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I actually looking on as much information on marrying my

Customer Question

I actually looking on as much information on marrying my filipina fiance. We plan to marry in the philippines in early August. I can only stay 7 days there due to my job. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciatted. I know we have to marry first then file to get her spousal visa and paperwork for her daughter as well.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I'm not sure 7 days will be enough for you to get the paper work in order you need.

You have to

Appointment for a Legal Capacity to Marry from US Embassy

Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the application to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for 120 days and may be used anywhere in the Philippines.

You may want to make the trip to have your personal face t face meeting and then file the fiance visa petition for her to come here to marry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful. Experts are only compensated for their time if you give a positive rating.

I have no ability to work magic. I can only give an honest answer.

Judith