Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

What form I have to use it card I have visitor visa b2 and I

Customer Question

Hi what form I have to use for get it green card I have visitor visa b2 and I live with my son in USA he is US Citizen also I need to know which form I have to fill out and which one my son need to fill out for me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If your son is a U.S. Citizen over 21, he will need to file the following forms for you so that you can stay and obtain U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out for you), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at http://www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, proof of your son's U.S. Citizenship, proof of your legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents of your son's to prove his income over the last year at least.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, you should get a work permit and Advance Parole. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get an interview (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later you should get a Residency status (green card).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you whos has to apply g325a form my son ya I which form I have to submit and which form he has to

You fill one G-325A out with your information and you sign it, and your son fills one G-325A out with his information and signs it. Your son fills out and signs the I-130 and the I-864 and you fill out and sign everything else. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello Rita. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!