Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I AM currently on F-1 VISA and i went back to my home

Customer Question

Customer: HI ***** currently on F-1 VISA and i went back to my home country to reapply US visa however i was caught shoplift before but the court has decide to dismiss my case but right now i have turn all the paper work of the court decision and my community service letter to the US consulate i am not sure if i will be able to get US visa because i still have school to finish
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes , the court is going to dimiss my file in Feb and i never convicted to the case i am just not sure if under all these circumstances will i still be able to get my renewed F-1 visa
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my nane is Jennifer and I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

As long as the case was dismissed, you should not have an issue. Be prepared to carry with you any and all court related documents to show in case you asked for it upon reentry (arrest report, disposition).

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but i have already went to the US consulate in person and without carrying the relative document and the officer asked me to submit additional document. Also the court only send out file about going to dismiss the case on Feb 26th so i am not sure if that would affect my VISA status.

It is possible that your case will be in administrative processing for some time while they decide if they will re-issue you the visa since you were arrested. However, Right now you don't have a conviction, so it should not be denied based on this, but the processing can take longer because it is more complicated with the arrest and they may want to wait to see how it is resolved. If they have not made a decision by February, then you should go submit the court document showing it is dismissed once you have it. All this could definitely delay the process but ultimately you should get the visa renewed.

I hope this helps to clarify and I hope I have now earned your positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if for my case . I have submit supplemental file with COD : shows court has decide to dismiss my files in Febreuary, Police desk appearance ; and my community service hours do you think that will be sufficient for them to make a decision?

Yes, I do believe it will be a very good chance of approval if you submit the documents you mentioned.

Hopefully this now clarifies your doubts and hopefully I have now earned your positive rating. Let me know if you have any issues giving the rating today.

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!