Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

One of my friend's parents 485 was denied and they do not

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, one of my friend's parents 485 was denied and they do not know why it was denied. Is there a way to find out why it was denied?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Unfortunately thats all the info I have at this point. They are in US now on visitor visa that expires in 10 days.....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Who applied for the parent? When was that application filed? When did you receive notice of the denial? How did you receive notice? And what happened with the other parent's I-485?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I still need to know who applied for the parent, when the application was filed, if you received notice, how you received notice, and what happened with the other parent's I-485. Please respond so I can help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately could not access this yesterday. Will gather the information for your questions and revert back.
Regards

Thank you for responding. I will be here. Take your time as the question thread does not close. Have a Happy and safe New Year!

Hello. Happy New Year! Just checking in to see if you were able to get that information for me. Please let me know. Thank you!

There are generally two ways to find out about a denial apart from waiting for the denial letter:

1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****.

2) Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the reason.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!