Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I married in March 2014, with an American citizen we were

Customer Question

Hi there I married in March 2014 , with an American citizen we were gay couple since then but past few months we were having issue with our relationship and I still have my conditional green card witch expires on October 2016 , we separated in December 7th so we don't live toghter anymore I was living in his house since we married , since we had relationship issues he kicked me out the house saying I've cheated on him , somehow he find out my Facebook and gmail password ***** I didn't know , he started forwarding some messages when I was only messaging other guys but I never met them for any intercourse , and he says he will contact his Laywer to proof that I was cheating on him because he saw all my Facebook messages and gmail because he had access without my knowledge I fell so unsafe to continue to use my accounts , so I wonder if I will lose my greencard since that happenedPlease help me outThanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I require to give you an answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important because do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: There is nothing I can do to help you out, but I can answer your questions about what can happen and what you can do to possibly continue without his continued sponsorship.

There are cases where you may not be able to depend on your spouse to help you file for removal of conditions. In that case, you need to apply for an I-751 waiver of the joint filing requirement based on the fact that you entered into the marriage in good faith, but that the marriage was terminated in divorce.

If you can show that, you can apply for removal of conditions within 90 days of the conditional card expiring, and get a 10 year green card. Then, when you are eligible for naturalization, you can apply to become a US citizen.

So all is not lost if you get a divorce.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh I see , yes I can prove that we been married on good faith we had bank accounts , gym membership, traveling , Costco membership , health insurance togheter and pics of us at our wedding , but the reason why we separated is because he was threating me saying he was gonna divorce and deport me , we still not divorced yet , but we separated already so we don't live at same house anymore , what do I do since he had access to my email and Facebook account ? Is this against the law ? I feel very offended because I don't have access on his personal accounts !

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: Because this is the immigration topic area, I can only answer questions about immigration. And unfortunately, that is not an immigration question, I cannot assist you with the question about privacy and invasion of privacy. This is not my rule, but a rule of the site.

Thank you!