Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My mom, age 75, is planning to marry an illegal (over stayed

Customer Question

My mom, age 75, is planning to marry an illegal (over stayed his visa). They both live in NYC, but I think they are going to fly to Vegas for the ceremony. He text her that he doesn't want to move in with her after they are married. Is this marriage legal?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. It is legal for a couple to live apart. There is nothing in the law that states that a couple must live together. However, if your mom does want to eventually petition for her possible new husband's green card,for that YES, they will have to be living together. For the green card, it is a requirement that they be living together.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello there.. I see that you were able to read my answer.. I am just checking whether you had read my answer and if you had follow up questions.

Please let me know if I can help. Hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thanks!