Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

We received a document from from the Department of State

Customer Question

We received a document from from the Department of State saying Our Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the NVA for review. The told us to allow them 30 working days to review. We received this document on 9 September 2015.
We have heard nothing since, we talked to our attorney and she said my wife`s interview would now take place in January or February of 2016. Is this a normal time frame for this type of Visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Yes, this is normal processing time because once the DS-260 is received then the Dept of State conducts the security and criminal history background check. They cannot schedule the interview until the FBI has completed this process which takes about 5 months.

You can ask you lawyer to send a electronic status inquiry to the NVC for confirmation that they have received all documents they require of you and if the case is in line to be scheduled for interview.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Or go to this link

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction and positive rating. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. . Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith