Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have an illegal friend who is 27. He is from El Savador.

Customer Question

Customer: I have an illegal friend who is 27. He is from El Savador. He is my pseudo son. I am 59 years old. He originally came to this country on a valid work visa after the earthquake there in 2001. He was here legal and working but then apparently moved and never got the papers that were sent to him at an old address that informed him he had to renew his work permit. Now he is illegal and we wanted to know if there is any way for us to get the work permit reinstated. I also wondered if there was a way for me to adopt him and get him legal this way? Thanks in advance for your advice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Do you know what his work permit was based on?