Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am looking counselling regarding the class A misdemeanor

Customer Question

Customer: Hello , I am looking for immigration counselling regarding the class A misdemeanor case
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I was arrested for around 45 mins for a battery cause. I was then put on court supervision and after 2 years my case was being dismissed or nolled. I am about to apply for H1B visa. Is this going to create problem in H1B processing ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Just to confirm that I have the facts straight, your battery case was ultimately dismissed. Thus, you do not have a battery conviction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was dismissed (nolled) in may 2015

Thanks for your reply. If it was Nolle Prossed then this is considered to not be prosecuted and therefore is not considered to be a conviction. This would not affect your H1B processing. It does not make you inadmissible.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking whether you had read my answer and if you had follow up questions.

Please let me know if I can help. Hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thanks!