Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Given "If your fiancé(e) is currently in the

Customer Question

Given "If your fiancé(e) is currently in the United States, complete the following:" precedes it a bit, are questions 15.e., 15.f, 15.g, 15.h--which don't immediately follow that statement but do follow closely--necessary to answer if your fiancée is not in the United States?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

I'msorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you know what 153, f, g, and h refer to on Form I-129f?
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Please see page 6 of the I-129F instructions. #8 a. and b.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Questions about arrival and status in US have nothing to do with the G-325A which is used for the background security check. It is not related in any way to prior trips or current status in US as per the I-129F 15 e/f/g/h.

I have been doing these for over 30 years so I am absolutely certain of my answer and will bet my license on my answer being correct.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Those questions only relate to any prior entries to the US and passport information.

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Apologies again, but this question *here* isn't about the G-325A at all, but about a separate issue--certain questions on the I-129f. Given the context, and the statement preceding them (quoted above), should these items (the questions from *this* question, nothing--absolutely no--in relation to G-325A) be completed? That is, which are vaguely related (or not?) to that statement? They may seem to be prior entry related questions but the statement contradicts that.
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

YES,all questions must be answered. NO blanks. The questions are not vague. They re very clear, if the fiance had a prior entry give that information. If no prior entry put "N/A".

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Ques 15 starts with "IF YOUR FIANCE IS CURRENTLY IN THE US......."

If they are not in the US then you put "n/a"

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
x*D Sorry about the difficulties: I got that already--that's the statement (quoted above). The problem is that the initial question is definitely related to that statement, those which follow one might assume may or may not be--even if they do share "15", and the plain reading seems to indicate that the question only applies to those in the US already, but their wording also indicates that these potentially could apply to someone who *has been* in the US but is no longer. For all I know it could be a set of historical choices before inserting "CURRENTLY" but given that the ways folks who work in the desk-branch of government may or may not change how they interpret or handle things in their process, I'm just looking for what certainty *might* be gleaned from those attorneys who are knowledgeable in dealing with these matters.
Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

Sir, I understand your skepticism about the government workers but I am giving you an answer based on mu 35 years experience.

They only want the information for a fiance who is currently physically present in the US in #15.

You can either trust my experience or not but I cannot continue to debate your distrust of the US government workers. I can only answer your question as per my knowledge and experience.

I have committed a good amount of time despite your low value to provide you comprehensive answers to two questions. Neither answered question appears to satisfy you as you have not rated me and I am not compensated form my time.

I wish you all the best and a very happy holiday.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 11 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith