Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I came to this country on H1b visa in 2007. My employer

Customer Question

Hi there, my name is***** came to this country on H1b visa in 2007. My employer started my Perm in 2010, but it was denied for some reason, because attorney did something wrong, but he always maintains that it's getting delayed, so we will file another perm. Another perm started in 2012, in the month October received RFE, my employer sent the RFE but attorney didn’t send the RFE to DOL, so that perm got denied again. The problem is both me and my employer believing his words. Employer don’t know how to check online. Attorney is giving reason like DOL did wrong by they should consider post mark date instead delivery date on sent RFE. Recently I got 1-year extension. For the past 6 months’ attorney is saying he working on second perm to get it approved, but nothing is happening, believing this attorney last 5 years of priority date. Please advise me what to do.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Attorney is wrong, postmark date is not what counts. Date of delivery and receipt by DOL is the receipt date. That is why it should be sent with request for delivery confirmation or through Fedex for proof of delivery.

Why in the world do you stay with this lawyer. The work is not very professional and it should not take having to file two PERMS.

Get a new lawyer now!!!!!!!!

Your attorney should have given your employer the password ***** the iCert file so they could check status any time.

It sounds to me like this attorney is just using your employer as a bank.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith