Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My husband has hooked up with a Mexican immigrant who was

Customer Question

Customer: My husband has hooked up with a Mexican immigrant who was deported/denied entrance for working on a visitor visa in September. He is a registered sex offender and wants to bring her back here and marry her after he divorces me. She knows nothing of this crime, but has been milking him for money ever since September. What are her chances of coming back, and what are his chances of bringing her back? I am a Paralegal but not with immigration law.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he will be going to mexico to see her for 2 weeks from 12/26-1/10 and is planning on going to TJ to get a paper she received when deported but tore up. She lives in Chihuahua. His crime of rape was back in 1980-81
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name Jennifer and I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Was she deported or denied entry? These are two separate things.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The border patrol said deported an immigration attorney he spoke to said denied. What's the difference?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But don't know which because she tore up her paperwork.

I'm sorry for the delay. Deportation is worse usually and the person must be inside the US to get deported. Denied entry means they are trying to get in and they are denied entry. Was she already inside the US?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she was on the California side when he was told she was going to be deported.

But she has been inside the US before that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On a visitor visa, that she was using to work on. That is how he met her, she was a line worker at the packing plant where he is an electrician. With the money he has sent her to Mexico, (that I know of),the trips there, rent for here and where he has moved to, a $5,000 phone bill she ran up, and other expenses due to her, he is $15,877 in the hole after only 7 months of knowing her. I want to be sure, there is no way he can get her back here. She is using him, she is not in love with him like he thinks.

Unfortunately there is no way to be sure about that. If your husband is a US citizen and marries her, he can petition her to return to the US. If she has an actual deportation, then she could be barred from returning to the US for a certain number of years. However, it that is the case, she may submit a waiver to come back to the US before those years are based on being married to a US citizen. Then it would be up to immigration to approve the waiver or not. There are no guarantees.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well, not the answer I was looking for because I know she still going to milk him one she's back here but thank you for the honesty and I guess it's time for me to move on.

I'm sorry.. I wish I could give you the answer that you want but my job is to be honest and explain the law to the customers as it stands. I can't change the law and I didn't make it. However keep in mind that if she was actually deported, it will not be very easy for her to get a waiver approved. It's a long and difficult process and even if it is approved, it could take a long time. Nothing is for sure at this point.

I wish you the best of luck and I do hope that you can move on.

I hope I answered your question even though it was not exactly what you wanted to hear. If I did answer the question, please remember that the only way I receive credit is it you leave me a positive rating now. You can always come back and ask a follow up question for no additional charge even if you leave me a rating. I appreciate it and Happy New Year :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for your answer and time.

You're very welcome. Please let me know if you have any problems issuing a rating with the stars or the happy faces. Thanks you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will, thanks again

Thank you in advance. You may now issue the rating if you're ready.

Hello again.. I am just checking in whether you were able to view my answer. I see you have not issued a rating yet. Please remember that's the only way I receive credit from what you already paid.

Thanks so much.

HI there--- I am just wondering if you are having any issues with placing your rating. ?