Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
26296561

My wife applied citizenship. She is a U.S. citizen (she has

Customer Question

My wife applied for my citizenship. She is a U.S. citizen (she has a US passport). Her parents were naturalized and she was under 18 and unmarried at that time. So she got the U.S. passport, but she does not have any naturalized certificate.
She applied for my green card and everything went smoothly so far. I had my green card for 3 years and now I was going to apply for citizenship through N-400. Then got this question:
Part 9. 6. B. Date your current spouse became a U.S. citizen.
Since she does not have a naturalization certificate. What should be the date? Should it be when her mother was naturalized? Or the date when she got her passport? Or should she apply for naturalization now with $600?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, if a person was naturalized along with his/her parents, then the date of naturalization will be the date that the parents were naturalized.

I wish you the best of luck!