Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I have stay 30 days in Malaysia on a non immigrant

Customer Question

Customer: Hi i have stay 30 days in Malaysia on a non immigrant visa...can I stay an extra 2 days. My name is ***** ***** Tan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am from Singapore. I arrive malaysia on the 20 November
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you you are seekin for educational purposes only.
Legally overstaying in Malaysia is violation of the immigration law, but their immigration service does have the right to grant a short visa extension for emergency purposes. You need to contact Malaysian immigration to ask for the visa extension if you know it is necessary. Overstaying can result in you being denied reentry if you want to return to Malaysia in the future.