Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My father filed to bring my sister over. She's married with

Customer Question

My father filed to bring my sister over. She's married with 3 kids.
The application is about to be approved. We're that close. This is application for US immigration.
My sisters marriage is failing. We need to drop her ex husband off the application. How can we go about this? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

She should wait until the divorce is final before notifying the NVC that the ex-husband should be removed. If they schedule them for interview before the divorce is final, if he doesn't go (and he shouldn't go), your sister will inform them at that time that he will not be immigrating because they are divorcing. They should stamp your sister and the three children with visas to come to the U.S. and the husband/ex-husband will be left out as abandoned.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Peter. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Peter. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.