Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I checked my wife's case status i-480 and it said they

Customer Question

I checked my wife's case status for her i-480 and it said they are ready to schedule an interview (as of December 9, 2015).After the USCIS website updating the case status to being ready to schedule an interview, how long does it typically take to receive an interview date?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I require to give you an answer.
Once you receive an answer, you will be asked to rate me for my customer service to you. I do not get a salary here, so your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.
Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.
YOUR ANSWER: Generally, about about 10 to 21 days after the online site indicates that a person is ready to be scheduled, the applicant receives an appointment notification in the mail. The notification is sent about 21-30 prior to the scheduled appointment.
I hope that answers your question. Kindly do not forget to give me credit for doing my job by giving me a positive rating for my customer service to you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cool, that makes sense to me! looks like it should be soon then.One more question, in early November I sent a name correction for my wife (for her to take my last name) because it was not originally sent with her taking my last name.How long does it usually take for them to update the name in their database and could this cause problems?

Technically, this is a new question, unrelated to the first. That means you are supposed to post it as a new question in a new thread. As a courtesy, I will answer it; please consider adding a bonus for doing so.

How did you submit the name change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a letter for each form, i-130, i-485 (and the other two I can't remember).I submitted 4 letters stating to change the name to the married name.

With what evidence? The marriage certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, just the name change because the original package was already sent with the marriage license.

Did you include case numbers in the request? How did you connect the request to the case?