Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Today i went to louisville test and i passed it but the only

Customer Question

Customer: hi ,today i went to louisville for my test for citizenship and i passed it but the only problem they did not approve my application because i did not declared i had a son i was applying for dvi lottery. what i suppose to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i came in usa on september 2009 by green card( dvi lottery),but when i was my putting my informations did not declared i have son he was born on 2005.so when i was applying to become citizen i notified in the form i have son.And i went to pass the test for my citizen and i passed but the lady who was interviewing let me know she cannot approve my application because i did not declared i have i was doing my interview at the us ambassy in country for my dvi
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i m waiting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

Why did you not admit to having a child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get the answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the day I was doing the registration it was the deadline for program dvi I told the guy who was helping me I have he told me you don't have to go home bring the information for child because he about to close he put no child

OK, did the officer give you a document that explains the denial? Did it say you failed to show good moral character?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She gave a paper saying that:a decision cannot yet be made about your application

OK, thank you. I am about to answer your question. But I want to confirm that you understand how this system works. In order for me to get credit, you will have to give a positive rating for my customer service once you've received your answer. Do you understand this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

OK, thank you very much. Sorry for the long delay. I went away from the computer for the night when you responded, but I am back now.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: The good news is, she gave you a paper that says they cannot make a decision right now. That means they did not deny it automatically and someone else will review it. Why is that good news? Because you were never eligible for the DV green card in the first place.

The law says you must provide truthful information about your family situation on the DV application. If you have children and you do not say you have children on the application, it should have been denied. In your case, that is what happened. But it was not discovered. Now that they have discovered it, they know you were never supposed to be approved for the DV lottery.

The problem for you now is, for naturalization, you have to show you have good moral character. And when you took the green card but you did not tell the truth in order to get it, the officer is considering whether you have good moral character to get naturalized. They cannot automatically approve it because of this. Now you have to wait until you get a final decision on your case from a supervising officer. They will review the information and decide if they will allow you to naturalize, even though you were not supposed to get the green card in the first place.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond or give me credit so that I know what to do next.